Friday, August 31, 2012

Birthday

So I celebrated a birthday overseas this year. That's a first for me and it was such a great weekend! Another first was being surprised with a party. Wasn't expecting that at all, and it's so nice to have brothers and sisters in Christ over here to spend it with. Thanks again to everyone that was able to come and those who sent me messages and emails. It really means a lot when you are away.

Here are a few pictures from my extended birthday weekend. 

This birthday cake was so good! It had a lot of character too. Thankful for the hands who made it!

So after the party, some of us decided to go bowling. I want to say that I am not a good bowler at all so the pictures that you are going to see in a second are completely out of the blue and it must have been some sort of birthday thing. No idea how this happened and I know that it will never happen again... 

Cordova gave the the nickname of "twin" and it must have had some power in it. Yes, I actually bowled 7 strikes in a row. Craziness!

8 strikes total with a score of 228. Feeling a little younger!

My birthday just happened to fall during a trip that we took to Thailand. We ate dinner at the Hard Rock in Phuket. 

They advertise Thai boxing by having the men fight on top of a float that is going down the street. Great marketing strategy.

The next day we got on a ferry for an hour and a half boat ride to a small island called Ko Phi Phi. They played Kung Fu Panda along the way and it made me think of my buddy Raymond. Miss you man! Glad to get off the boat though...

This is the view from the awesome tree house type hotel room that we stayed in. What an awesome view! This island was pretty deserted. I hear that they filmed the movie "The Beach" here. There were no roads to get around on. If you wanted to go to the other side, you had to ride in a wooden long boat or walk.

This will give you an idea of the type of island that we were on. Not sure if any of these are where we were though... Really pretty place and the people were very nice too. 

In all, I had many smiles on this birthday and it will be one that I will never forget. I really missed spending it with family and friends at home, but it was really great to be here too!










No comments:

Post a Comment